Monday, December 1, 2008

THE CHRISTMAS TREE

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a very enjoyable and quiet Thanksgiving at home. Randy's dad had brought us a large turkey breast roast a couple weeks ago and I decided to use that for our Thanksgiving turkey. I knew I would be busy getting ready for the craft fair and didn't want to spend hours and hours in the kitchen. I was worried about it though because I am one of those who bastes the turkey every 30 minutes and this turkey is suppose to cook in the bag. It was the most FABULOUS turkey I've ever had! It had a great flavor and was very moist and tender! I don't think I will be doing a whole turkey again.
It is a family tradition to set up our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving, so we pulled everything out last night. We got the tree set up and Ciara was loving it!!! This is when it starts to get fun for her too. She walked around with an ornament for about 15 minutes trying to find a place to put it on the tree and then she would put it on and take it off and look some more. It was so cute. Ky and Dal had a lot of fun watching her too! Then when I pulled out the tree skirt she got really excited. She said "oh pretty dress!" I laid it under the tree and she immediately laid down on it and pretended to go to sleep. Then she grabbed her blankets and went back to just lay there and stare at the tree. First thing this morning she wanted the tree lights back on. She really likes the tree. Last year she loved the ornaments and trying to chew on them, but hopefully this year they will stay in one piece!

3 Say Something:

KrisJ said...

Your tree looks so pretty! I love that picture of her.. so sweet!

Geek Chic Dreams said...

Oh fun!!! We just have a tiny tree this year...but then again we're living with someone else hee hee.

Stacey Jensen said...

She is so very cute. I love this age when they are still awed by the magic of this season. What a sweet little girl.